USB Flash Drive - Encryption Suggestions?
l***@faraway.com
2009-06-06 19:49:47 UTC
Would appreciate any suggestions as to what software might be useful
for encrypting a USB flash drive.

Ideally, the software should not require any program installed on the
system drive (WinXP in this case), such that I can use it on other
computers (WinXP) without having to install the program.
nemo_outis

Not cheap, but not insanely pricey.
John Wunderlich
2009-06-08 19:13:59 UTC
Post by l***@faraway.com
Would appreciate any suggestions as to what software might be useful
for encrypting a USB flash drive.
Ideally, the software should not require any program installed on the
system drive (WinXP in this case), such that I can use it on other
computers (WinXP) without having to install the program.
Try freeware Truecrypt.
It has a traveler mode that does not require installation on host
machine although you will need Administrator privilege.

<http://www.truecrypt.org>

HTH,
John
fred
2009-06-14 14:28:42 UTC
Post by John Wunderlich
Post by l***@faraway.com
Would appreciate any suggestions as to what software might be useful
for encrypting a USB flash drive.
Ideally, the software should not require any program installed on the
system drive (WinXP in this case), such that I can use it on other
computers (WinXP) without having to install the program.
Try freeware Truecrypt.
It has a traveler mode that does not require installation on host
machine although you will need Administrator privilege.
You could try FreeOTFE and FreeOTFE Explorer, which doens't need
administrator privileges
John Smith