encryption password-PIN input device not interceptable by keyloggers
Luca Villa
2007-12-30 16:03:16 UTC
Does an IDE-to-IDE or SATA-to-SATA encryption device exist that use a
dedicated direct (non keyloggable) device for password/PIN input?

I mean an input device like this: http://www.rocstor.com/Products/rocsafepx.html
for a encryption system like this: http://www.enovatech.net/products/mx_info.htm
(still not in a commercial product?)
Luca Villa
2007-12-30 16:21:41 UTC
Also see this input device: http://www.enovatech.net/products/reference/secureusb_pro.htm
Vend
2007-12-31 03:11:58 UTC
Post by Luca Villa
Does an IDE-to-IDE or SATA-to-SATA encryption device exist that use a
dedicated direct (non keyloggable) device for password/PIN input?
I mean an input device like this:http://www.rocstor.com/Products/rocsafepx.html
for a encryption system like this:http://www.enovatech.net/products/mx_info.htm
(still not in a commercial product?)
It doesn't seems to me a very clever idea: it would be fairly easy for
someone with physical access to hardware to add tap the data in
transit on the unencrypted end of the device.
Better to do all the encryption in software, IMHO.
Luca Villa
2007-12-31 14:42:47 UTC
Post by Vend
Post by Luca Villa
Does an IDE-to-IDE or SATA-to-SATA encryption device exist that use a
dedicated direct (non keyloggable) device for password/PIN input?
I mean an input device like this:http://www.rocstor.com/Products/rocsafepx.html
for a encryption system like this:http://www.enovatech.net/products/mx_info.htm
(still not in a commercial product?)
It doesn't seems to me a very clever idea: it would be fairly easy for
someone with physical access to hardware to add tap the data in
transit on the unencrypted end of the device.
Better to do all the encryption in software, IMHO.
It's true the opposite.
If we consider hardware tapping, every software encryption can be
broken more easier because the hw devices to intercept the keyboard
are broadly on commerce:
- http://www.spyequipmentuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=119
- http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=481
- http://aspyshop.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=375

While you can't say the same for devices that incercept proprietary
password/PIN input devices. Furthermore, being these input devices
more little than the keyboards, it would be more difficult to make not
noticeable interceptors.