Announce: FreeOTFE Explorer v3.00
Sarah Dean
2009-07-23 20:47:06 UTC
...And a quick post to announce the release of FreeOTFE Explorer v3.00
as well!

What's new in FreeOTFE Explorer v3.00:

*) Optimised mount performance
*) Added copy and move functionality
*) Added rename functionality
*) Added support for dropping keyfiles onto the password entry dialog to
simplify keyfile filename entry
*) Added XTS mode to Gladman cyphers (AES, MARS, RC-6, Serpent and
Twofish)
*) Added RIPEMD-256 and RIPEMD-320 hash algorithms
*) Made numerous cosmetic and usability changes to main window,
including:
- Added "Date Created" and "Date Accessed" columns. (Note: As with
MS Windows Explorer, these are not shown by default - rightclick
on the column header and select to show them)
- Added ability to move list view columns around
- Added option to hide file extensions of known file types
- Added option to hide the folders treeview (see menuitem "View |
Explorer bar | Folders")
- Added option to store/restore window layout on startup/exit (if
settings are being saved)
*) Added support for forward/back/refresh multimedia keys
*) Added option to associate ".vol" files with FreeOTFE Explorer (Note
that you are still free to use any filename with any filename
extension)
*) Added "/create" command line option for creating new volumes
*) Added "/mount" command line option for mounting volumes
*) Added "/settings" command line parameter to read options from user
specified location
*) Added automatic check for updates (turned off by default)
*) Created U3 and portableapps.com specific installers, simplifying
installation for users of these particular systems
*) Changed to display more helpful message when attempting to mount NTFS
volumes (as opposed to the more cryptic "FAT count 1 <= X <= 0"!)
*) Toolbar flickering eliminated when navigating the directory
structure, etc
*) Removed restriction requiring hidden volumes to begin at an offset
which is a multiple of 512 bytes
*) Improved support for FAT12/FAT16 filesystems
*) Fixed intermittant bug which could cause an exception on some systems
when run from a non-root directory on slow storage devices (e.g. USB
flash drives)
*) Fixed bug which left spurious LFNs on deletion
*) Fixed bug which prevented access to data after the first 4GB in a
volume
*) Fixed minor bug which prevented hidden volumes from being
automatically mounted and formatted after being created

FreeOTFE Explorer can be downloaded from:

http://www.FreeOTFE.org/
John Smith
2009-07-24 04:42:28 UTC
Post by Sarah Dean
[...]
I'm going to use this great product of yours because it's free! I just
know you'll give me what I pay for, I'm sure of it,

Spammers
nemo_outis
2009-07-24 04:44:43 UTC
You're such a lamer!