Drivecrypt 5.3 and Windows 7
PaddyO'Leary
2009-10-25 13:39:45 UTC
Greatly disappointed from the fact that Securstar did not get Drivecrypt
ready when the finale version of Windows 7 was recently launched I am
trying to get some information in this newsgroup.

According to the Securstar website DC 5.3 is compatible with Vista
32bit/64bit. This is why I cannot understand that it does not run on
Windows 7. I tried the traveller mode with Win7 32bit and it worked, but
could not get it to work when physically installed in Win7. I now have
Win7 64bit installed on my new computer because I need to address more
than 4GB of RAM for image editing. DC did not run in the 64bit
installation nor when using the XP mode in Microsoft Virtual PC. The
latter I cannot understand at all since DC runs in Windows XP.

Does anyone have an idea how to get DC run in Win7? If Shaun is reading
DC compatible with Win7 64bit or the XP mode in Win7?

Thanks for your comments.
Paddy
thang ornithorhynchus
2009-10-26 00:56:13 UTC
Post by PaddyO'Leary
[...]
Try 5.0.53, I "had" it working in Win7 Build 7600 OEM but now that I
am using TC, its useless because it mounts and TC makes it read only
(I ended up using FlyCryptor with TC for added security because I have
some suspicions about TC, but DC beats FlyCryptor hands down - if a
version of DCPP is made which can install on NT and therefore works
with NT, and allows DC, then I will toss TC). If you are only after a
container, the earlier version works fine in Win7.

thang
Shaun
2009-11-20 15:58:52 UTC
Post by PaddyO'Leary
[...]
Hello,

Further -

I don't know what trouble you are having.
I've just installed DC5 on Win7 64 bit running on HP G7000 laptop.

The only issue I saw was that when you are trying to licence DC5,
make sure you "Run as Administrator" the dc5 first by clicking on the
short cut or program exe with the right mouse. Close down any
previous dc5.exe if there is one running, first.

This is the only time you have to do this. If you have downloaded the
licence already from Securstar licence server then you need to unhide
hidden folders on your computer (File dialong "Organise->Folder and
Search Options"

Then simpy browse with the dc5 licence dialog "already purchased"
button to C:\users\all users\securstar and open the licence file
"dclicence.lic" from there with the Register licence button. This path
is normally hidden.

This needing admin is an error we will fix soon, probably with an
elevation prompt.

Otherwise DC5 worked fine on Win7

Regards,
Shaun.