SSL vs. SSH
C***@Comdex.org
2009-07-31 20:25:14 UTC
I use Anonymizer Total Net Shield, which secures Usenet using SSH. My
Usenet Service Provider offers SSL, and when I asked whether they
could guarantee against man-in-the-middle attacks, they said no
customer had ever complained of one...

I know next to nothing about security issues. But I do know that SSL
is accused of being vulnerable to MITM attacks, while SSH, to my
knowledge, is not.

Can anyone elighten me concerning these issues?

Thanks.

CDX:)
John Smith
2009-08-04 05:39:09 UTC
Post by C***@Comdex.org
I use Anonymizer Total Net Shield, which secures Usenet using SSH. My
Usenet Service Provider offers SSL, and when I asked whether they
could guarantee against man-in-the-middle attacks, they said no
customer had ever complained of one...
I know next to nothing about security issues. But I do know that SSL
is accused of being vulnerable to MITM attacks, while SSH, to my
knowledge, is not.
Can anyone elighten me concerning these issues?
Thanks.
CDX:)
Set the tunnel you got with Anonymizer (SSH) with no Triple DES
encryption, use AES 128, not any of the higher AES, they found
vulnerabilities that make them more vulnerable than AES 128. Two Fish
and Serpent are also good with your tunnel.

The SSH is stronger than the SSL, but 3 DES can be man in the middled so
that it's strength is weakened to 112. Support at Anon can help you
make the changes if you don't know how, it's easy. Hope this helped you.
C***@Comdex.org
2009-08-14 04:46:04 UTC
Post by John Smith
Set the tunnel you got with Anonymizer (SSH) with no Triple DES
encryption, use AES 128, not any of the higher AES, they found
vulnerabilities that make them more vulnerable than AES 128. Two Fish
and Serpent are also good with your tunnel.
The SSH is stronger than the SSL, but 3 DES can be man in the middled so
that it's strength is weakened to 112. Support at Anon can help you
make the changes if you don't know how, it's easy. Hope this helped you.
Thank you. Sorry to take so long responding but was out of town.
You've been a big help.

CDX:)