DCPP or PGP WDE and Drive Image
r***@aol.com
2007-11-05 05:25:34 UTC
I'm still considering whether to get DCPP or PGP WDE...but regardless
of which one I get, how do I backup with Disk Image?

I presently do a Drive Image of my C:\ and D:\ drives (WinXP is on
D:\), so that if the system won't boot, or there is any other problem,
I simply pop in the Drive Image CD and boot to it, and in a few
minutes voila! -- back in business.

What kind of setup do you have to use to accomplish the same thing
with either DCPP or PGP WDE?

Thanks for any help.

rufus:)
SafeBoot Simon
2007-11-06 03:40:08 UTC
you use drive image the same way - just be sure to capture the boot
sector of the drive.

remember though that encrypted data does not compress, so your backup
will be as big as the partition size. It won't matter how full or
empty the partition is...

S.
rufus:)
r***@aol.com
2007-11-07 17:15:48 UTC
So the data on the Drive Image backup image will be encrypted? And the
encrypted drive(s) can be restored by booting to the Drive Image CD?

Just want to be sure, as I know very little about this.

Thanks.

rufus:)

rufus:)
SafeBoot Simon
2007-11-07 20:41:29 UTC
Post by r***@aol.com
I'm still considering whether to get DCPP or PGP WDE...but regardless
of which one I get, how do I backup with Disk Image?
I presently do a Drive Image of my C:\ and D:\ drives (WinXP is on
D:\), so that if the system won't boot, or there is any other problem,
I simply pop in the Drive Image CD and boot to it, and in a few
minutes voila! -- back in business.
What kind of setup do you have to use to accomplish the same thing
with either DCPP or PGP WDE?
Thanks for any help.
rufus:)- Hide quoted text -
sure, as long as you do the encryption outside of the WDE environment
- from a boot cd for example. Just remember you need to make a binary
copy of the whole drive, partition gap and MBR included.

of course you should also test a restore before relying on it.
r***@aol.com
2007-11-07 23:54:31 UTC
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:41:29 -0800, SafeBoot Simon
Post by SafeBoot Simon
sure, as long as you do the encryption outside of the WDE environment
- from a boot cd for example. Just remember you need to make a binary
copy of the whole drive, partition gap and MBR included.
of course you should also test a restore before relying on it.
This is great. Thanks a million.

rufus:)