Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools
SafeBoot Simon
2008-02-28 01:21:14 UTC
Has anyone used or seen this product yet? It ships free with all HP
better and best laptops and desktops as far as I know.

S.
Sarah Dean
2008-02-28 20:29:27 UTC
Subject: Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools
Newsgroups: alt.security.scramdisk
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:21:14 -0800 (PST)
Has anyone used or seen this product yet? It ships free with all HP
better and best laptops and desktops as far as I know.
I haven't seen it on the desktop, but FWIW it's also supplied with HP PDAs
as well (HP iPAQ HX27xx series and probably later)

Based on Credant, IIRC?
--
Sarah Dean
FreeOTFE site: http://www.FreeOTFE.org/

For information on SecureTrayUtil, Shredders, On-The-Fly Encryption
(OTFE; disk encryption) systems, etc, see the URLs above.
SafeBoot Simon
2008-02-28 22:26:40 UTC
On Feb 28, 12:29 pm, Sarah Dean <***@sdean12.org> wrote:
snip...
Post by Sarah Dean
I haven't seen it on the desktop, but FWIW it's also supplied with HP PDAs
as well (HP iPAQ HX27xx series and probably later)
Based on Credant, IIRC?
Current version on the PC is based on SafeBoot5, the PDA UK version is
also SafeBoot technology, I'm not sure how far outside that region it
spread though. If it doenst say Credant, then it's SafeBoot/HP code.

S.
Perjut
2008-03-11 22:28:19 UTC
Post by SafeBoot Simon
Current version on the PC is based on SafeBoot5, the PDA UK version is
also SafeBoot technology, I'm not sure how far outside that region it
spread though. If it doenst say Credant, then it's SafeBoot/HP code.
S.
I used to have Safeboot in my laptop it worked great, never had a single
problem with it. Unfortunately now Safeboot is only available for
business (I asked about buying a single license, and they told me that)