[FYI] Truecrypt 5 with PBA - release Jan 2008
Carsten Krueger
2007-12-16 18:50:50 UTC
http://www.truecrypt.org/future.php

TrueCrypt 5.0
Release scheduled for: January 2008

-Windows system partition encryption with pre-boot authentication
-Mac OS X version
-GUI for Linux versions of TrueCrypt
-Parallelized and pipelined read/write

greetings
Carsten
--
0x2BFBF5D8 FP = 53CA 1609 B00A D2DB A066 314C 6493 69AB 2BFB F5D8
http://www.realname-diskussion.info - Realnames sind keine Pflicht
cakruege (at) gmail (dot) com | http://www.geocities.com/mungfaq/
n***@giganews
2007-12-17 17:24:54 UTC
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:50:50 +0100, Carsten Krueger -

Good news about possible full-disk encryption.
By the way, in USA the forums for TC seem to be down now for 3 days.
Can anyone elsewhere confirm by trying to access?
Martin Heidegger
2007-12-18 04:47:15 UTC
Post by n***@giganews
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:50:50 +0100, Carsten Krueger -
Good news about possible full-disk encryption.
By the way, in USA the forums for TC seem to be down now for 3 days.
Can anyone elsewhere confirm by trying to access?
Looks good. I had no idea that this was being developed. I was under the
impression that the truecrypt developers had no interest in FDE.

I too cannot connect with the forums.
n***@giganews
2007-12-18 06:13:39 UTC
Martin confirms forum down. Anyone else? Can anyone with TC post here
with reason for downtime. Over 3 days now.
Forum link gives down message, but main webpage is up.
http://www.truecrypt.org/
Thomas R. Sareks
2007-12-26 11:54:23 UTC
Post by n***@giganews
Martin confirms forum down. Anyone else? Can anyone with TC post here
with reason for downtime. Over 3 days now.
Forum link gives down message, but main webpage is up.
http://www.truecrypt.org/
It says:
"The forum is temporarily unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please try back later."

-t.