Announcing the release of Anti-Steganography (AntiSteg v1.20) by Security Online Services
seconserv
2008-12-23 08:06:58 UTC
Announcing the release of Anti-Steganography
(AntiSteg v1.20) by Security Online Services:

antisteg120.zip AntiSteg 1.20: Anti-Steganography

*** Now with Archive support.
v1.20 Replaces v1.10 ***

Security Online Services

Provides free software to improve your online and offline
computer experience.

AntiSteg is a command line tool for cleaning images
and widely used AVI files of potentially harmful
steganographical content.

The newest added feature, encompasses antistegging images
and AVI files packed inside of archives (Support for
several popluar archive formats is included).

Many popular image formats (several dozens, and
especially those used and distributed on the Web) are
handled by the tool.

Steganography is a means by which information is
hidden inside of images/AVI movies (often via
high-encryption algorithms), making them completely
invisible to all standard image viewers/movie players.
Stegged images/movies can carry extremely harmful
payloads, which include, but are not limited to:

- Child pornography/Snuff movies
- Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Spamware, and other Malware
- Sensitive personal/corporate Data

AntiSteg does not attempt to extract the actual hidden
data, but simply antistegs the content, making it
impossible to be retrieved at a later point in time.
This approach allows it to quickly clean a computer,
even if 100,000s of images are stored on it. In contrast,
trying to desteg just one image, which uses a high
encryption encoding (256 bit or higher), and a properly
selected password is computationally nearly infeasible.
To attempt the same on an AVI movie is not even worth
mentioning!

AntiSteg has been tested on hundreds of thousands of
images and successfully applied to antisteg pictures
created by dozens of freely available steganographical
image and AVI tools. Some of these tools have been widely
spread via commercial CD/DVD distributions. These
distributions in turn, have been put forth by several
well known Computer Magazines which have a worldwide
audience. Put simply, steganographical tools - to hide
images and complete movies - are widely spread and come
in many different flavours.

Since the amount of images stored on the Web approaches
staggering numbers (anywhere from 100s of billions to
trillions), the possibility to successfully store and
trade/sell child pornography (snuff movies), distribute
viruses, or exchange sensitive information is very high.
Even worse, anybody who operates a web site (personal or
corporate) that contains images may unwittingly be helping
pedophiles, black-hat hackers, or data spies in their
operations. Of course, the same holds true for any e-mail
attachment, or MMS being sent!

Currently available antivirus, antispyware, and antimalware
tools do NOT address this problem! Companies that allow
image specific searches - like Google - do NOTHING to
prevent stegged images from being spread via their
services!

Firewalls provide no security with respect to asynchronous, bi-
directional steganographical communication via 2 web sites (spy site
and infected site) and simple web monitoring software augmented with
steganographical support for modifying images (hosted on spy site).
Neither heuristic, nor behavior-based antivirus and antispyware
applications will detect anything unusal since all software operations
are identical to those performed by 1000s of image editing, image
viewing, and web site monitoring sofware currently in circulation.

AntiSteg is the ONLY available and WORKING tool that
effectively deals with this problem. And best of all,
it's FREE!

Special requirements: None.

Freeware. Uploaded by the author.

E-Mail:
***@yahoo.com

Web:
http://geocities.com/seconserv
http://seconserv.freewebsitehosting.com

NewsGroups:
http://groups.google.com/group/antisteg
David H. Lipman
2008-12-23 11:29:06 UTC
From: "seconserv" <***@yahoo.com>

| Announcing the release of Anti-Steganography
| (AntiSteg v1.20) by Security Online Services:

You have already many *many* announcements.

Now it is just spam!
--
Dave
Carsten Krueger
2008-12-24 00:52:16 UTC
Post by seconserv
AntiSteg is the ONLY available and WORKING tool that
effectively deals with this problem. And best of all,
it's FREE!
Didn't work and it can't work at all.

The tool did not remove the embedded informations in this picture:

greetings
Carsten
--
ID = 0x2BFBF5D8 FP = 53CA 1609 B00A D2DB A066 314C 6493 69AB 2BFB F5D8
http://www.realname-diskussion.info - Realnames sind keine Pflicht
cakruege (at) gmail (dot) com | http://www.geocities.com/mungfaq/
Ari®
2008-12-24 07:52:32 UTC
Post by Carsten Krueger
Post by seconserv
AntiSteg is the ONLY available and WORKING tool that
effectively deals with this problem. And best of all,
it's FREE!
Didn't work and it can't work at all.
http://physical-tagging.phrblog.kaywa.ch/files/images/2006/3/480/mob4_1142177845.png
greetings
Carsten
We tried this piece of shit only once. It's pure crap.

Thanks for the review, Carsten.
--
Meet Ari!
http://tr.im/1fa3